“Blondes have more fun” is true, my good friend T would argue. She and I have been going back and forth about highlights, sending pics from a salon chair with foils in, etc for the past few years. I’m one of those humans whose natural hair color swings somewhere between light brown and dark blonde, so to some extent, I can get away with trying either color. I tend to color seasonally – when things cool off in the fall, I opt for a dark mahogany brown, and as we move into spring, I like to lighten things up.
This weekend, I’m headed back toward blonde, and I have been looking for inspiration on the EXACT color I want everywhere. Check out some of our favorite blondes below, and the shades inspired by them:
1. Blake Lively – babydoll blonde: Blake’s color is multifaceted and looks surf-y and natural – a true work of color genius. We’re guessing here, but it looks like more than 3 shades and countless foils to pull off that shade – kudos to her colorist!
2. Poppy Delevingne – balayage blonde: from Marie Claire, “Balayage is a French word meaning to sweep or to paint. It allows for a sun-kissed natural looking hair color – similar to what nature gives us as children – with softer, less noticeable regrowth lines”. Poppy pulls off a modern blonde look with multiple shades that look as though they have been individually painted, dark roots that are shiny and provide contrast, and multi dimensional strands that reflect light.
3. Gwen Stefani – bottle blonde: the only person we’ve seen really rock the Platinum blonde look for more than a decade, Gwen’s bleached locks and light roots are always flawless, and her color is the brightest shade of white blonde.
4. Lilly Pulitzer model – caramel blonde: this darker shade of blonde is a perfect mixture of highlights and lowlights, keeping things looking organic and well balanced. The caramel blonde look is popular as a transition between brown and blonde, because highlights take a few applications (read: months) to really take over completely.
5. Reese Witherspoon – Hollywood blonde: Known for her perfectly coiffed light blonde hair, Reese keeps her roots clean and her color palette bright. Her hairstylist Cervando Maldonado has been coloring her hair for years, and holds the secret to that perfect color: light, bright, and minimal highlights.
What’s your perfect blonde? Let us know!