Phew, what a hiatus! As I teased last week, we’re back in action, and have tons to share!
Today, we’re talking about the delightful team event I headed to with team Kaella Lynn Events at a private studio in mountain view this weekend – a floral crown workshop for our team only, hosted by the one and only Huckleberry Karen! We joked in the car that this was the perfect event for the ladies of our team – I can’t picture us at another activity, like laser tagging…
When we arrive, we were greeted with blooms and greenery galore, lined up in adorable galvanized buckets along the long workstation tables. There were floral shears and scissors, floral wire, and rolls of floral tape for everyone – not to mention San Pellegrino, which is my absolute favorite. Karen was such a gracious hostess, and showed us the gradual building process to building out a bespoke flower crown – whether your style is perfectly coiffed (Kaella) or messy and bohemian (moi). When we were all finished constructing our crowns, there were endless ribbon and lace options to be added to the back – and then it was photo time! It was such a great event, and we all learned a new skill we can take with us as we head into wedding season. Follow along here!
1. The bucket of blooms – gorgeous pinks, blushes, and greenery!
2. Jill of Delish Designs and I horsing around before the instruction began…
4. Prepping the wire with greenery and filler
5. My finished crown – it turned out HUGE and fluffy, just how I wanted it! I chose peachy ribbons with a bit of sheen to lend a princess-like quality to mine.
6. Kaella’s crown was denser and fuller than mine, and turned out BEAUTIFUL!
7. Our finished crowns and two happy campers