The feeling of walking into the shoe salon at Saks Fifth Avenue is one of my favorites – there’s the plush carpet, the faint scent of Jasmine pumping from the air vents, the well dressed atelier staff in suits and ties, and the endless array of delightfully decadent footwear and artfully displayed designer installations. And this is just when I visit to peruse – imagine shopping for your wedding shoes there, champagne in hand! Inspired by a recent trip to Saks (in all of it’s Union Square glory), here are our favorite shoes to inspire your modern wedding day look:
1. Charlotte Olympia ‘Dolly’ slingback pump in pink suede
2. J. Crew ‘Etta’ Pump in gold glitter
3. Carrie Bradshaw inspired #SomethingBlue from Manolo Blahnik: Hangisi 105 pumps in blue satin
4. Christian Louboutin patent leather pumps in baby pink
5. Okay fine, I’m obesessed with these Manolo‘s, so here they are in pink satin – TOTALLY DIFFERENT!
6. The perfect wedding shootie (shoe-bootie), courtesy of the ever glam house of Oscar de la Renta
7. Perfect Nantucket seaside wedding shoes with starfish detailing, courtesy of Charlotte Olympia for David Jones