Another delightful weekend is ALMOST upon us (let’s be serious: most of us are on vacay in our minds), and it’s time to party! My version of a weekend party looks like a series of wedding festivities in wine country, tiny celebrations for being moved into our new abode (like fro-yo in our new living room!), and a sailing jaunt on Sunday with some of our favorites. Enjoy your Friday: get out there and do us proud this weekend!
Here’s our roundup of the best Five Things from around the internet this week:
1. One of my best friends (T-Money) and her fiancé live in New York City, and pretty much every time Virgin America has a flight sale, I think about randomly booking a trip to Manhattan and visiting. We did a best bebs weekend last fall in NYC, and it was divine – think Soul Cycle, brunching, random work events, and then walking the High Line and eating world-class Ramen. Here’s a look at how to do a similar 48 hour stint in New York from Domaine:
2. Now that our kitchen is unpacked and fully functional in our new house, I’m ready to get back to my weekly baking routine! How divine is this all-time perfect sponge cake from Martha Stewart? You’ll have to pop by my kitchen to try it in the next few weeks (or you can make it at home using this recipe):
3. Speaking of being moved in, once the decorating phase has been completed, I’m looking forward to hosting friends and family in our new guest room! Here are the top 30 things to do before your guests arrive to make their stay more comfortable, as compiled by PureWow:
4. The BEST cropped jogger pants I’ve found this season (in the most divine peacock blue), and definitely worth the splurge:
5. Ready for the weekend, but still stuck at your desk for a few hours? Check out Afar’s Dreamiest Beach locations, and get carried away…I’ve basically been in Positano, Italy (mentally) for the last 2 weeks!