Wooo hoooooo, WHO’S READY FOR THE WEEKEND?! Over here at D&D, we could not be more ready – the sun is out, the breeze is lovely, and we have a whole lineup of Friday Fabulousness to get you pumped for this fine August Friday.
Here are our Five favorite things from across the web this week:
1. Stylish office tour – you think your HOME office is fabulous and comfortable? Try the professional and industrial chic workspace of Greycroft Partners (a venture capital firm) in LA. Can I live here?!?! Full gallery through the image at Domaine.com.
2. On the hunt for a light and delicious late summer appetizer? Try Purewow’s Feta + Watermelon skewers – they’re flavorful and semi-healthy at the same time. These are perfect for your upcoming end-of-summer soirée – click through the image below for the recipe!
3. The most perfect pair of LOFT travel/weekend/wedding set up/party pants there ever was – SUCH a good transitional item for your closet as we move into fall. I’m planning on wearing these on our next plane ride – they’re soft and comfortable, while still looking polished and put together. Yes please!
4. With so many of my friends engaged (or almost there), and my penchant for party styling, I can’t wait to host my next Bridal shower – and this flower-centric approach is off the chain. FLOWERS ARE MY FAVORITE (y’all knew that), and by making them the centerpiece (literally, get it?!?!) of your event, you can bring the magical garden feeling indoors. YES! More details on how to style a floral-focused bridal shower by clicking through the image below:
5. Two things: 1) LEVO League is pretty much the coolest association of professional women ever, and if you haven’t joined the ranks of females building each other up and sharing career/life advice yet, you need to check them out here. At my former company, we launched a joint initiative in our office with LEVO, and my outlook on womens’ groups has never been the same. They’re amazing! 2) Where did you meet your best friends? I personally have a few gem-worthy friendships from childhood and my early 20’s, but my VERY best friends? I met them at work. And they are my ride or die mafia, forever and always. Please don’t make me quote Carrie Bradshaw about how “women are your soul mates”, because I will… Love you women 🙂 Below, read the article on ‘Why you need a work BFF [or like 5] STAT’…